- What can I say? I don't know what to say. Whatever pleases God, so do I speak (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1202).
- O Sikhs of Guru, consider the word of the true Guru to be absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself has the Guru to chant it (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 308).
- When I speak, I speak as You make me speak (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 565).
- The Word of the Guru has been emanated from God. It eradicates all anxiety (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 627).
- As the Divine Word from God comes to me, so do I narrate it, O Lalo (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 722).
- All wisdom is in Your power, O Lord;
I am an instrument, and You are the Musician. O God and Master of the devotee Nanak, as You wish, so do I speak (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 800).
- Now I narrate my own biography. God sent me in the world while I was absorbed in meditation. On the site of Hemkunt mountain, where the seven peaks shine in glory. That spot is known as Sapat Saring. It is where Pandav Kings practiced yoga. There, with great spiritual effort, I prayed to the timeless God. This way I meditated on God and two entities (God and I) became One. I worshiped God as He is my Mother and Father. I prayed and worshipped Him in many meditative positions. Since I meditated on God in such devotional way. God became very pleased with me. Then God showed Himself to me. By His command I was born in this world. I did not wanted to come in this world. My mind was immersed in God. Then God explained me His purpose and sent me in this world with His directive."
"Then God said, 'I establish thee as my son. You are to preach and create a religion. Go, spread this religion and stop people from doing unrighteousness and evil actions'. I stood up with my palms joined and bowing my head to God. I will only be able to create a religion in this world when You help me. This is the reason God established me and I was born in this world. I only repeat what God told me. I have no enmity with anyone. Those who call me God will fall into the pit of hell. Consider me as a humble servant of God and have no doubt about it. I am a servant of the Supreme Being and have come to witness the worldly play. I am telling you what God has told me. I will not remain silent on account of the fear of mortals."
"I came to this world for this task. God sent me for the purpose of religion. Wherever you will spread this religion, evil and wicked will be eliminated. I have taken birth for this purpose. Let the holy men understand this completely. I have come to spread the divine religion, protect the devotees of God and annihilate (eliminate) all evils (Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, Vachitar Natak).
Share this page on Social Networks