- O mind, why do you plot and plan? Dear Lord Himself provides for you. He has created living creatures in rocks and provides nourishment for them (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 10).
- Sexual desire and anger are the wounds of the soul. The evil-minded ones forget the Naam, and then depart. True are the teachings of the true Guru. The body and mind are cooled and soothed by the touchstone of Truth. This is the true mark of wisdom: that one remains detached, like the water-lily, or the lotus on the water. Attuned to the Shabad, one becomes sweet, like the juice of sugarcane (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 152).
- The Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name, Lord; the Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name. Dwell upon the wisdom of the perfect true Guru twenty-four hours a day. The heart, in which the Supreme God abides, is the most beautiful place. The messenger of death does not even approach those who chant the Glorious Praises of the God with their tongue. I did understood the value of serving God,
nor did I understand the value of meditating on Him. My Inaccessible and Incomprehensible Lord, O Life of the World, now I have come under your shelter. Sorrow and sufferings depart when the Lord becomes merciful. The hot winds do not even touch those who are protected by the true Guru. Guru is the image of All-pervading Lord, Guru is the image of compassion, and Guru is the image of the True Creator. One obtains everything when Guru is pleased. Servant Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 218).
- Chanting the Name of God and keeping it in your mind, you will find peace. O Nanak, the Lord is pervading everywhere;
He is resides in all spaces and regions (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 260).
- One has anxiety within himself, but he appears to be happy; his hunger never departs. O Nanak, without the True Name, no one has ever gotten rid of sorrow (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 319).
- In this world, the true Guru is the ocean of peace; there is no other place to rest and have peace. The world is afflicted with the painful disease of egotism; dying, it cries out in pain, only to be reborn. O mind, serve the true Guru and obtain peace. If you serve the true Guru, you shall find peace. Otherwise, you shall depart after wasting away your life in vain (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 603).
- The Word of the Guru has been emanated from God. It eradicates all anxiety (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 627).
- When you are confronted with terrible hardships and no one offers you any support. When your friends turn into enemies and even your relatives have deserted you. And when all support has given way and all hope has been lost. If you then come to remember the Supreme God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless. He does take birth or die in the cycle of reincarnation and becomes Eternally Permanent. Through Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty. If you have no money in your pockets, no one gives you any comfort, no one acknowledges your hopes, and none of your tasks are accomplished. If you then come to remember the Supreme God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases inflict your body. When you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy and other times feeling sorrow. When you are wandering around in all four directions and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment. If you come to remember the Supreme God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or if you are becoming greedy miser in love with your wealth. If you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry. If you then come to remember the Supreme God and contemplate on Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 70).
- By talking about your self derived believes from Vedas and Scriptures,
you are not going to relieve the anxiety of your heart. If you only focus yourself on the Lord, even for just a second, then you shall see the Lord everywhere and in everyone. O human being, search your own heart every day, then there shall be no confusion or anxiety. This world is just a magic show, you won't obtain anything from it. People become happy by reading and criticizing other religions' scriptures and they deliver useless information. The Ever-present Immortal Lord is One with His creation; He does not reside within the statue of Krishna, He resides everywhere. God is within yourself running like a river; you should bathe in it. Meditate on God forever. See through the glasses of meditation and you shall see Him everywhere. The Lord is the purest of the pure; I would only doubt it if there was someone else like Him. O Kabeer says, one understands this when blessed by God; God alone knows all and does everything (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 727).
- I have obtained the supreme status by singing the Guru's Hymns; meeting with the devotees of God, I am blessed and adorned. Anger and attachment have left my body; hypocrisy and doubts are eradicated. The pain of egotism is gone, and I have found peace. My body has become healthy and free of disease. By Guru's Grace, O Nanak, I have realized God, the ocean of virtue (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 773).
Share this page on Social Networks