- Meditate and listen to the Name of the Lord, and give it to everyone. In this way, the filth of lifetimes of #karma# shall be removed and egotistical pride shall vanish from your mind. Sexual desire and anger shall not seduce you and greed will depart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 135).
- Lust, anger, egotism, jealousy and desires are eliminated by chanting the Name of Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1389).
- Renounce sexual desire, anger, falsehood and slander; forsake maya and eliminate egotistical pride. Renounce lust and promiscuity, and give up emotional attachment. Only then shall you obtain the Immaculate Lord amidst the darkness of the world. Renounce selfishness, conceit and arrogant pride, and your love for your children and spouse. Abandon your thirsty hopes and desires, and embrace love for the Lord. O Nanak, the true one shall come to dwell in your mind. Through the True Word of Shabad, you shall be absorbed in the Name of Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 141).
- Sexual desire and anger are the wounds of the soul. The evil-minded ones forget the Naam, and then depart. True are the teachings of the true Guru. The body and mind are cooled and soothed by the touchstone of Truth. This is the true mark of wisdom: that one remains detached, like the water-lily, or the lotus on the water. Attuned to the Shabad, one becomes sweet, like the juice of sugarcane (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 152).
- One who commits to Naam and sees this world as merely a temporary pasture. For him, lust and anger demolish like breaking a jar of poison (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 153).
- Sexual desire, anger, greed and ego are eradicated in the Saadh Sangat (Company of the Holy), all sinful mistakes are washed away (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 194).
- He washes outwardly but his mind is filthy inside; thus he loses his place in both worlds. Here, he is engrossed in sexual desire, anger and emotional attachment; hereafter, he shall sigh and weep (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 381).
- Like the mad dog running around in all directions, the greedy person consumes everything, edible and non-edible alike. Engrossed in the intoxication of sexual desire and anger, people wander through reincarnation over and over again (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 50).
- The world is drunk, engrossed in sexual desire, anger and egotism. Seek the sanctuary of the saints, and fall at their feet; your suffering and darkness shall be removed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 51).
- Engrossed in sexual desire, anger and egotism, one wanders around insane. When the messenger of death hits him on the head with his club, then he regrets and repents. Without the Perfect Divine Guru, one roams around like satan (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 708).
- The compassionate perfect Guru has eradicated my doubts and fears. The horrific demons, unsatisfied sexual desire and unresolved anger have been totally destroyed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 854).
Share this page on Social Networks