- His heart is filled of greed, and he does not understand that the Messenger of Death is hovering over his head. Whatever one does in this world will come to face him in the afterlife; what can he do at the very last moment? (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1049).
- In love with duality and maya, one's mind wanders unfocused. The love of maya has displaces all understanding; making mistakes, one lives in regret. But if one meets the true Guru, then he obtains the essence of reality; the Name of the Lord comes to dwell in his minds. The one who die in the Shabad and subdue his mind in it, obtains salvation. He erases his sins, and eliminates his anger; he keep the Guru's Shabad clasped tightly to his heart. The one who attunes to the Truth, remain balanced and detached forever. Subduing his egotism, he unites with God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 116).
- Meditate and listen to the Name of the Lord, and give it to everyone. In this way, the filth of lifetimes of #karma# shall be removed and egotistical pride shall vanish from your mind. Sexual desire and anger shall not seduce you and greed will depart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 135).
- Cruelty, material attachment, greed and anger are the four rivers of fire. Nanak says, one is burned by falling into them. One is saved only by holding tight to good deeds (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 147).
- O mind, why have you gone insane? Your life is made worthless with greed. The body, which you believe to be your own, and your beautiful home and spouse, none of these is yours to keep. Realize this and understand it. You have wasted the precious jewel of this human life; you do not know the Way to meet God. You have not loved God, even for a second. Your life has passed away in vain. Says Nanak, one is happy who sings the glorious praises of God. The rest of the world is enticed by maya; they fail to achieve the fearless state (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 220).
- I have seen the world being destroyed by greed and egotism. Only by serving the Guru, God is realized and the true gate of salvation is found (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 228).
- The greedy people serve others instead of the Lord, even though they loudly announce their reading of scriptures. They are burnt to death by their own corruption; they are not at home, on either this shore or the one beyond. Attached to materialistic things, they have forgotten the Father, the Cherisher of the World. Without the Guru, all are unconscious; they are held in bondage by death (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 30).
- Filled with greed, one constantly wanders around; he does not do any good deeds. O Nanak, the Lord abides within the heart of the one who follows the Guru (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 321).
- Engrossed in egotism, the world perishes. Without the Guru, there is utter darkness. Attached to materialistic things, they have forgotten God, the Provider of peace. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 34).
- Mortal's fickle mind is entangled in a dream. Mortal does not even understand that someday he shall have to depart;
he has gone crazy with Maya. Mortal is engrossed in the delight of the flower's color (Maya); he strives only to indulge in corruption. Hearing about greed, he feels happy in his mind, and he runs after it. Wandering and roaming all around, I have endured great pain,
but now, I have come to the door of the holy. Granting His Grace, the Supreme Lord Master has blended Nanak with Himself (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 531).
- The waves of greed rise within him and he does not remember God. He does not join the company of the holy, and suffers in terrible pain through countless incarnations (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 77).
Share this page on Social Networks