- Meditate and listen to the Name of the Lord, and give it to everyone. In this way, the filth of lifetimes of #karma# shall be removed and egotistical pride shall vanish from your mind. Sexual desire and anger shall not seduce you and greed will depart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 135).
- Lust, anger, egotism, jealousy and desires are eliminated by chanting the Name of Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1389).
- One who commits to Naam and sees this world as merely a temporary pasture. For him, lust and anger demolish like breaking a jar of poison (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 153).
- Egotism and anger are wiped away when the Name of God dwells within the mind. Salvation is attained by meditating on the Naam with a pure mind (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 33).
- He washes outwardly but his mind is filthy inside; thus he loses his place in both worlds. Here, he is engrossed in sexual desire, anger and emotional attachment; hereafter, he shall sigh and weep (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 381).
- Do not meet or even approach people whose hearts are filled with horrible anger (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 40).
- Like the mad dog running around in all directions, the greedy person consumes everything, edible and non-edible alike. Engrossed in the intoxication of sexual desire and anger, people wander through reincarnation over and over again (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 50).
- The world is drunk, engrossed in sexual desire, anger and egotism. Seek the sanctuary of the saints, and fall at their feet; your suffering and darkness shall be removed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 51).
- Engrossed in sexual desire, anger and egotism, one wanders around insane. When the messenger of death hits him on the head with his club, then he regrets and repents. Without the Perfect Divine Guru, one roams around like satan (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 708).
- I have obtained the supreme status by singing the Guru's Hymns; meeting with the devotees of God, I am blessed and adorned. Anger and attachment have left my body; hypocrisy and doubts are eradicated. The pain of egotism is gone, and I have found peace. My body has become healthy and free of disease. By Guru's Grace, O Nanak, I have realized God, the ocean of virtue (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 773).
- The compassionate perfect Guru has eradicated my doubts and fears. The horrific demons, unsatisfied sexual desire and unresolved anger have been totally destroyed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 854).
Share this page on Social Networks