- In love with duality and maya, one's mind wanders unfocused. The love of maya has displaces all understanding; making mistakes, one lives in regret. But if one meets the true Guru, then he obtains the essence of reality; the Name of the Lord comes to dwell in his minds. The one who die in the Shabad and subdue his mind in it, obtains salvation. He erases his sins, and eliminates his anger; he keep the Guru's Shabad clasped tightly to his heart. The one who attunes to the Truth, remain balanced and detached forever. Subduing his egotism, he unites with God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 116).
- The self-willed manmukhs wander lost in reincarnation, confused and deluded by doubt. The Messenger of Death constantly beats them and disgraces them. Serving the true Guru, mortal's subservience to death is ended. He meets God and enters the Mansion of His Presence. O mortal, as a Gurmukh, meditate on Naam, the Name of God. In duality, you are ruining and wasting this priceless human life.
You are trading it away in exchange for a penny. By God's grace, Gurmukh falls in love with Him. Enshrine loving devotion towards God deep within your heart. Shabad carries one across this terrifying world. Then one appears true in the True Court of God. One cannot find the true Guru by performing numerous rituals. Many wander lost and confused in Maya without the Guru. Egotism, possessiveness and attachment rises up and increases in the ones who love duality. The self-willed manmukhs suffer in pain. The Creator Himself is Inaccessible and Infinite. Chant the Word of Guru's Shabad and earn the true profit. The Lord is Independent, Ever-present, here and now. O Nanak, the Gurmukh merges in the Naam (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1261).
- Those who serve the true Guru are shown the true path. Reflecting on the true word of the Shabad, One overcomes death (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 149).
- I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has re-united me with my Creator Lord; I was separated from Him for such a long time! (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 167).
- After meeting the one the mind fills with bliss is known as the true Guru. Double-mindedness departs and the supreme status of the Lord is obtained. How can I meet my beloved true Guru? I humbly bow to him for each and every moment. How will I meet my perfect Guru? The Lord granted His grace and led me to meet my true Guru. The desire of His humble servant has been fulfilled. I have received the dust of the feet of the true Guru. Those who meet the True Guru are implanted with devotional worship for the Lord and listen to the devotional worship of the Lord. They never suffer any loss; they continually earn the profit of the Lord. One whose heart blossoms forth is not in love with duality. O Nanak, singing the glorious praises of the Lord, one meets the Guru and attains salvation (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 168).
- Guru's word is eternal and everlasting. Guru's word cuts away the noose of death. Guru's word is always with the soul. Through the Guru's word, one is immersed in the love for God. Whatever the Guru gives, is useful to the mind. Whatever the Saint does - accept that as true. Guru's word is infallible and unchanging. Through the Guru's word, doubt and prejudice are dispelled. Guru's word never goes away. Through the Guru's word, we sing the glorious praises of the Lord. Guru's word accompanies the soul. Guru's word is the support for the orphans. Guru's word saves one from falling into hell. Through the Guru's word, the tongue savors the Ambrosial Nectar. Guru's word is revealed in the world. Through the Guru's word, no one suffers defeat. O Nanak, the true Guru is always kind and compassionate, unto whom the Lord Himself has blessed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 177).
- Mind becomes like gems, jewels and rubies, if you listen to the Guru's Teachings even once. The Guru has given me the understanding: there is only the One, the Provider of all. May I never forget Him! (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 2).
- The Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name, Lord; the Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name. Dwell upon the wisdom of the perfect true Guru twenty-four hours a day. The heart, in which the Supreme God abides, is the most beautiful place. The messenger of death does not even approach those who chant the Glorious Praises of the God with their tongue. I did understood the value of serving God,
nor did I understand the value of meditating on Him. My Inaccessible and Incomprehensible Lord, O Life of the World, now I have come under your shelter. Sorrow and sufferings depart when the Lord becomes merciful. The hot winds do not even touch those who are protected by the true Guru. Guru is the image of All-pervading Lord, Guru is the image of compassion, and Guru is the image of the True Creator. One obtains everything when Guru is pleased. Servant Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 218).
- Fruitful are the lives of those who walk in harmony with the will of true Guru. Their families are saved; blessed are the mothers who gave birth to them (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 28).
- The Guru's system is the way to salvation. The True Lord Himself comes to dwell in the mind. Through the Guru's system, the world is saved if it is embraced with love and affection. How rare is the person who truly loves the Guru's way. Through the Guru's system, everlasting peace is obtained. Through the Guru's system, Salvation is obtained. Serving the True Guru, one's family is saved. There is no salvation for those who have no Guru. Beguiled by worthless sins, they are struck down. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the body finds peace and tranquility. The Gurmukh is not afflicted by pain. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. Nanak says, the Gurmukh becomes One with the True Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 361).
- I stand by the wayside and ask the Way. If only someone would show me the Way to God, I would go with him. I follow in the footsteps of those who enjoy the Love of my Beloved. I beg of them, I implore them; I have such a yearning to meet God! O destiny, please unite me with my God. I am a sacrifice to the true Guru, who has shown me the way to God. In deep modesty, I fall at the feet of the perfect true Guru. The Guru is the honor of the dishonored. The true Guru brings approval and applause. I am never tired of praising the Guru, who unites me with the Lord. Everyone, all over the world, longs for the true Guru. Without the good fortune, the Blessed Vision of God is not obtained. The unfortunate ones just sit and cry. All things happen according to the Will of God. No one can erase the pre-ordained writ of destiny. He Himself is the true Guru; He Himself is the Lord. He Himself unites one with Him. As we follow the true Guru, He unites one with Himself with compassion. God Himself is the life of the world, O Nanak, He unites one with Himself like water mingled with water (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 41).
- Life - I have found real life as a Gurmukh through His Love. The Lord's Name - He has given me the Lord's Name
and enshrined it within each breath of my life. By contemplating the Name of the Lord within each breath of my life,
all my doubts and sorrows have departed. Through the Guru's Word, I have meditated on the invisible and unapproachable Lord and obtained the pure and supreme status. The eternal melody resounds and the instruments play, singing the Bani of the true Guru. O Nanak, God the Great Provider has given me a gift; He has blended my light into His Light (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 442).
- If a hundred Moons were to rise, and a thousand Suns appeared, even with such light, there would still be pitch darkness without the Guru (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 463).
- Even if one takes cleansing baths at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, wanders over the whole planet, and performs all the rituals of purification day and night, still, without the true Guru, darkness still prevails (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 495).
- You will be enlightened through the Guru's teachings and remain absorbed in the Love of True Lord. Death does not exist there; your light will merge with the Light (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 55).
- Gurmukh practices devotion with God's Grace; There cannot be devotional worship without the Guru. One who merges his own self into God gains knowledge and becomes pure. The Dear Lord is True, and True is the Gurbani.
Union with God is obtained through the Shabad. O destiny, why have people even come into the world without devotion? They have not served the perfect Guru; they have wasted their lives in vain. The Lord Himself is the Provider. He is the Life of the world. He Himself forgives, and unites us with Himself (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 64).
- Serving the true Guru, I have found the Treasure of Excellence. Its value cannot be estimated. Dear God is my best friend. He will be my companion and support in the end. In this world, the Great Provider (God) is the Life of the World. The self-willed manmukhs have lost their honor. Without the true Guru, no one knows the way. The blind (manmukhs) find no place to rest. If the Lord, the Provider of peace, does not dwell within the mind, then they shall depart with regret in the end (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 65).
- In this world, I have enshrined the Great Provider (God) within my mind with the help of Guru's teachings. By performing devotional worship day and night, ego and emotional attachments are removed. Just like God, we become like Him, we become One with True One. Bestowing His Grace, He gives us His Love, by following Guru's Shabad (Gurbani). Intuitive peace develops by serving the true Guru while ego and desires vanish. The Lord, Provider of virtue, dwells forever within the minds of those who keep Truth enshrined within their hearts. My God is forever Immaculate and Pure. He can only be found with a pure mind. Egotism and pain are totally eliminated if the Treasure of Naam, the Name of God, abides within the mind. The true Guru has given me the Shabad, I am forever a sacrifice to him. You may say anything in your own mind, but selfishness and conceit cannot be eradicated without the Guru. Dear God, the Provider of peace, loves his devotees. With His Grace, He abides within the mind. Nanak says, God blesses us with wisdom. He Himself grants glorious greatness to the Gurmukhs (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 65).
- People continue wandering through the cycle of 8.4 million incarnations;
without the true Guru, liberation is not obtained. Reading and studying, the Pandits (religious scholars) and the silent sages have grown weary,
but attached to the love of duality, they have lost their honor. The true Guru teaches the word of Shabad;
without the True One, there is no other at all. Those who are linked by the True One are linked to Truth. They always act in Truth (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 70).
- Meditate on the True Lord. You shall come to know God through Guru's word.
Everything was created from God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 82).
- The compassionate perfect Guru has eradicated my doubts and fears. The horrific demons, unsatisfied sexual desire and unresolved anger have been totally destroyed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 854).
- Wisdom and stability cannot be attained without the Guru, and the filth of greed does not depart from within. If the Lord's Name abides within the mind even for an instant, it is like bathing at all sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage. Filth does not stick to those who are true, however filth attaches itself to those who love duality. This filth cannot be washed off even by bathing at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage. Manmukh does deeds in egotism and earns sheer pain. O Nanak, the filthy ones become clean only when they meet and surrender to the true Guru (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 87).
- One who comes to the Sanctuary of the true Guru shall be transformed from iron into gold. The true Guru has no anger or vengeance; He looks upon son and enemy alike. He purifies the human body by removing faults and mistakes (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 960).
Share this page on Social Networks