- Those who meditate on God attain salvation. For them, the cycle of birth and death is eliminated (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 11).
- The performance of countless millions of other devotions is not even equal to one devotion to the Name of God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1163).
- Intuitive understanding, wisdom, cleverness, glory, beauty, pleasure, wealth and honor, all comforts, bliss, happiness, and salvation, O Nanak, appear by chanting the Name of God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1323).
- There is no other place of rest, none at all, except Naam, the Name of God. One attains success and salvation. All tasks perfectly resolves (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1341).
- Burnt offerings, sacred feasts, intense meditations with the body upside-down, pooja, and taking millions of cleansing baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage: the merits of all these can be obtained by enshrining Lord within your heart for a fraction of a second (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1349).
- Meditate and listen to the Name of the Lord, and give it to everyone. In this way, the filth of lifetimes of #karma# shall be removed and egotistical pride shall vanish from your mind. Sexual desire and anger shall not seduce you and greed will depart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 135).
- Lust, anger, egotism, jealousy and desires are eliminated by chanting the Name of Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1389).
- Those who serve the true Guru are shown the true path. Reflecting on the true word of the Shabad, One overcomes death (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 149).
- Chant the Lord's Name hundreds of thousands of times, O my dear, and drink the Ambrosial Nectar of the Essence of God. Peace, celestial bliss, pleasures and the greatest ecstasy are obtained; chanting and meditating, you shall live in supreme bliss (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 194).
- While waking up or going to sleep, the Lord is always with you, watching over you. The fear of death departs while meditating on Him (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 196).
- Only the one becomes close to Naam who serves the Guru. One meets God whose destiny becomes bright. Then Lord dwells in their hearts. Their minds and bodies become peaceful and stable. O my mind, sing such praises of Lord, which shall be of use to you here and hereafter. Meditating on Him, fear and misfortune depart; the wandering mind becomes stable. Meditating on Him, sufferings will never overtake you. Meditating on Him, the ego runs away. Meditating on Him, the five passions are overcome. Meditating on Him, Ambrosial Nectar is collected in the heart. Meditating on Him, desires are quenched. Meditating on Him, one is approved in the Court of God. Meditating on Him, millions of mistakes are erased. Meditating on Him, one becomes Holy, blessed by Lord. Meditating on Him, the mind is cooled and soothed. Meditating on Him, entire filth is washed away. Meditating on Him, Jewel Lord is obtained. When one Unites with God, he does not want to leave Him again. Meditating on Him, many acquire a place in heaven. Meditating on Him, one abides in intuitive peace. Meditating on Him, one is not affected by the worldly fire. Meditating on Him, one does not have fear of Death. Meditating on Him, your forehead shall be immaculate. Meditating on Him, all pains are destroyed. Meditating on Him, no difficulties are encountered. Meditating on Him, one hears the eternal melody. Meditating on Him, one acquires a pure state. Meditating on Him, the heart becomes focused. Guru has bestowed His Glance of Grace upon all. Lord has implanted His wisdom within those hearts. The unbroken melody of the Lord's praises is their food and nourishment. Says Nanak, they have the perfect true Guru (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 236).
- One enshrines Naam within their hearts by God's Grace. Even beasts, ghosts and the stone-hearted are saved. The Naam is the panacea, the remedy to cure all ills. Singing the Glory of God is the embodiment of bliss and emancipation. It cannot be obtained by any religious rituals. O Nanak, he alone obtains it, who has it in his destiny (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 274).
- Those who meditate single-mindedly on the Name of God, and contemplate the teachings of the Guru. Their faces are forever radiant in the Kingdom of God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 28).
- The Gurmukhs meditate on the Naam and eradicate selfishness and conceit from within. They are pure both inwardly and outwardly; they merge into the Truest of the True. O Nanak, successful is the life of those who follow the Guru's teachings and meditate on the Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 28).
- Those who do not forget God with each breath and morsel of food. The ones who have Lord's Name within their mind. They alone are blessed; O Nanak, they are the perfect saints (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 319).
- As long as the tongue does not chant the Name of God, the person continues coming and going in reincarnation, crying out in pain (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 325).
- The lowly, whom no one knows, is honored in the four directions by chanting Naam. I beg for the blessed vision of Yours, O Beloved! Who has not been saved by serving You? The person, whom no one wants to be near, is served by the entire world, the world comes to wash the dirt of his feet. The mortal, who is of no use to anyone at all, meditates on the Naam by the grace of the Saints. The sleeping mind awakens in the Company of the Holy. Then, O Nanak, God seems sweet (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 386).
- Why are you sleeping and forgetting Naam, O careless and foolish mortal? So many have been carried across by this river of life. O mortal, get aboard on the boat of God's Feet and cross over. Sing the glorious praises of God in the company of the holy twenty-four hours a day. You may enjoy various pleasures, but they are useless without Naam. Without devotion to the Lord, you shall die in sorrow, again and again. You may dress up, eat luxury food, and apply scented oils to your body, but without meditating on God, your body shall surely turn to dust and you shall have to depart. How treacherous is this world; very few realize it! Salvation rests in the Lord's Sanctuary;
O Nanak, this is your pre-ordained destiny (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 398).
- Life - I have found real life as a Gurmukh through His Love. The Lord's Name - He has given me the Lord's Name
and enshrined it within each breath of my life. By contemplating the Name of the Lord within each breath of my life,
all my doubts and sorrows have departed. Through the Guru's Word, I have meditated on the invisible and unapproachable Lord and obtained the pure and supreme status. The eternal melody resounds and the instruments play, singing the Bani of the true Guru. O Nanak, God the Great Provider has given me a gift; He has blended my light into His Light (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 442).
- Abandoning weaving, Kabeer meditated on God with love. From a weaver belonging to a low caste family, he became an ocean of excellence (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 487).
- Gather in the wealth of the Lord, worship the true Guru, and give up all the useless tasks. Meditate in remembrance on the Lord who created and adorned you, and you shall be saved. O mind, chant the Name of the One, the Unique and Infinite Lord. He gave you the breath of life, and your mind and body. He is the support of the heart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 51).
- Listen, O deluded and demented mind: hold tight to the Guru's feet. Chant and meditate on Naam, the Name of God; death will be afraid of you, and sufferings shall depart (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 57).
- In an instant one is born and in an instant one dies. In an instant one come to this world, and in an instant one disappears. One, who recognizes the Shabad and merges into it, is not afflicted by death (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 58).
- In this world, I have enshrined the Great Provider (God) within my mind with the help of Guru's teachings. By performing devotional worship day and night, ego and emotional attachments are removed. Just like God, we become like Him, we become One with True One. Bestowing His Grace, He gives us His Love, by following Guru's Shabad (Gurbani). Intuitive peace develops by serving the true Guru while ego and desires vanish. The Lord, Provider of virtue, dwells forever within the minds of those who keep Truth enshrined within their hearts. My God is forever Immaculate and Pure. He can only be found with a pure mind. Egotism and pain are totally eliminated if the Treasure of Naam, the Name of God, abides within the mind. The true Guru has given me the Shabad, I am forever a sacrifice to him. You may say anything in your own mind, but selfishness and conceit cannot be eradicated without the Guru. Dear God, the Provider of peace, loves his devotees. With His Grace, He abides within the mind. Nanak says, God blesses us with wisdom. He Himself grants glorious greatness to the Gurmukhs (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 65).
- I carry the water, wave the fan, and grind the corn for the Saints; I sing the glorious praises of the Lord of the Universe. I remember Naam in my mind with each and every breath. In this way, my mind finds the treasure of peace. Have pity on me, O my Lord. Bless me with such understanding, O my Lord,
that I may forever and ever meditate on You. By Your Grace, emotional attachment and egotism are eradicated, and doubts are dispelled. The Lord, the embodiment of bliss, is pervading and permeating in all; wherever I go, I see Him there. You are kind and compassionate, treasure of mercy, purifier of sinners, and the Lord of the world. I obtain millions of joys, comforts and kingdoms, if You inspire me to chant Your Name with my mouth even for an instant. That alone is perfect chanting, meditation, penance and devotional service, which is pleasing to God's Mind. Chanting Naam, all thirst and desires are satisfied; Nanak is satisfied and fulfilled (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 673).
- When you are confronted with terrible hardships and no one offers you any support. When your friends turn into enemies and even your relatives have deserted you. And when all support has given way and all hope has been lost. If you then come to remember the Supreme God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless. He does take birth or die in the cycle of reincarnation and becomes Eternally Permanent. Through Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty. If you have no money in your pockets, no one gives you any comfort, no one acknowledges your hopes, and none of your tasks are accomplished. If you then come to remember the Supreme God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases inflict your body. When you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy and other times feeling sorrow. When you are wandering around in all four directions and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment. If you come to remember the Supreme God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or if you are becoming greedy miser in love with your wealth. If you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry. If you then come to remember the Supreme God and contemplate on Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 70).
- The words and the teachings of the holy saints are ambrosial nectar. Whoever meditates on the God's Name attains salvation. Chant the Name of God for every possible second. The pains and sufferings of today's world are eradicated when the One Name abides within the mind. I apply the dust of the feet of the Holy to my face and forehead. Nanak has been saved in the Sanctuary of the Lord (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 744).
- I have obtained the supreme status by singing the Guru's Hymns; meeting with the devotees of God, I am blessed and adorned. Anger and attachment have left my body; hypocrisy and doubts are eradicated. The pain of egotism is gone, and I have found peace. My body has become healthy and free of disease. By Guru's Grace, O Nanak, I have realized God, the ocean of virtue (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 773).
- Meditation on God is the medicine to cure millions of illnesses. My Tantra and Mantra is to meditate on God. Illnesses and pains are dispelled by meditating on Him. The fruits of the mind's desires are fulfilled. He is the Cause of causes, the All-powerful Merciful Lord. Contemplating on Him is the greatest of all treasures (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 866).
- Neither death nor deception comes to the one, who meditates on God in his mind (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 8).
- Someone may go to Ganges, Godaavari, Kumbha festival, or bathe at Kaydaar Naat'h, or make donations of thousands of cows at Gomti; he may make millions of pilgrimages to sacred shrines, or freeze his body in the Himalayas; still, none of these is equal to the worship of God (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 973).
Share this page on Social Networks