- Separated from the Primal Lord, they loudly weep and whine. They die and die, only to be reborn, when their time has passed (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1035).
- Those who meditate on God attain salvation. For them, the cycle of birth and death is eliminated (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 11).
- The ignorant and oblivious do not serve the true Guru, how will they find salvation? They die only to be reborn over and over again. They continue to be struck down at the door of death (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 115).
- When the body is filled with ego and selfishness, the cycle of birth and death does not end (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 126).
- The blind have forgotten the Name of God. The self-willed people are in utter darkness. Their comings and goings in reincarnation do not end; through death and rebirth, they are wasting away (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 19).
- As long as the tongue does not chant the Name of God, the person continues coming and going in reincarnation, crying out in pain (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 325).
- People eat what they believe to be sweet, but it turns out to be bitter in taste. They attach their affections to brothers and friends, uselessly engrossed in corruption. They vanish without a moment's delay; without God's Name, they are stunned and amazed. O my mind, attach yourself to the service of the true Guru. Whatever you see will pass away. Abandon the intellectualizations of your mind. Like the mad dog running around in all directions, the greedy person consumes everything, edible and non-edible alike. Engrossed in the intoxication of sexual desire and anger, people wander through reincarnation over and over again. Maya has spread out her net, and in it, maya has placed the bait. The bird of desire is caught and cannot escape, O my mother. One who does not know the Lord who created him, comes and goes in reincarnation over and over again. By various devices and in many ways, this world is enticed. They alone are saved, whom the All-powerful, Infinite Lord protects. The servants of Lord are saved by the love of God. O Nanak, I am forever a sacrifice to them (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 50).
- At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated in the form of serpent. One should not forget the Naam. At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated as a prostitute. At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated as a pig. At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated as a goblin. At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts, says Trilochan, that man becomes liberated and Lord abides in his heart. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 526).
- People continue wandering through the cycle of 8.4 million incarnations;
without the true Guru, liberation is not obtained. Reading and studying, the Pandits (religious scholars) and the silent sages have grown weary,
but attached to the love of duality, they have lost their honor. The true Guru teaches the word of Shabad;
without the True One, there is no other at all. Those who are linked by the True One are linked to Truth. They always act in Truth (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 70).
- The director (God) stages the play, playing many characters (life forms) in different costumes (bodies); but when the play ends (world ends), He takes off the costumes, and then He is one, and only one. How many forms and images appeared and disappeared? Where have they gone? Where did they come from? (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 736).
- Those who do not serve the true Guru,
and do not contemplate on the Shabad (Word of God). They cannot comprehend spiritual wisdom; they are like dead bodies in the world. They go through the cycle of 8.4 million reincarnations,
and they are ruined through death and rebirth (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 88).
Share this page on Social Networks